How are you doing in your job search? Take my quiz and rate yourself.
Are there job search tools which you'd like to learn more about?
Sharon's Job Search Quiz
Rate the items on the list below using this 5 point scale. Access whether you know what the item means and your current level of proficiency. Any of the topics below would lend themselves to career coaching with a job search professional.
1 What does this mean? 2 Vaguely Familiar 3 Can Define it, 4 Can do this task well, 5 Excellent
- Leads List
- Cold Calls
- Intercultural Competency and International IQ
- Social Media Job-Search
- Networking (live and online)
- Job-task analysis
- Global Executives
- Behavioral Interviews
- SWOT Analysis
- Career Fit
- Career Risk
- Verbal Business Card
- Industry Job Function (in a career context)
- Professional Reputation
- Career Values, Vision and Competencies
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statement
- Career Action Plan
- Interview Performance,
- Mock Interviews & Informational Interviews
- Professional Paper-tools: Cover Letters, Reference Sheets, Resumes
- Salary Negotiations
- Career Fair Evaluation Scale
- Retained vs Contingency Recruiters
- Career Transition Plan
|Career Frustration and Confusion!|
Score of 100-125 *(Excellent! Why are you reading this article? You are already an expert)
Score of 75-100 (Very good overall knowledge. You will want to drill down on particular areas where you are lacking.
Score of 50-75 You could benefit from career coaching. There are some blind spots and room for improvement. The lack of job search knowledge may be stalling your career progression (for a promotion or new job)
Less than 50 You need career coaching in particular areas of difficulty. (IE: you may have challenges digging up unique, job leads which suit you, trouble competing effectively at 2nd round interviews, or trouble with career progression at your current company).
An experienced career coach can take the fear and guesswork out of your job search and help you find a job faster! Drop me a line.
© 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Sharon Cohen, MA,CPRP. Business Career Coach and Social Media Strategist.
"Virtual Career Counseling: helping business professionals, reach their career potential!"
• Sharon B. Cohen on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/sharonbcohen/
• My Career Manager on Twitter http://twitter.com/MyCareerManager
• Complete Archive of articles on My Career Manager http://www.mycareermanager.com/