- Have you ever wondered if you should jump ship?
- How does your current industry and job compare to your desired career?
- Don't take this risk until you do your research. Check out the job projections and industry growth in your desired field.
Read on to access the FREE labor-market data for the USA. It will help your career! If you like my article, upload a comment and I'll post it.
As a professional, career counselor, I'm often asked about labor market data and which skills are in demand. I help clients interpret the labor market trends and make informed decisions.
One of the tools that I use is the American Occupational Outlook database. The Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes an e-book each year called Occupational Outlook Handbook
Here is a screenshot of the homepage. This site is very easy to navigate.
It has a robust search section. I'd encourage you to search by Pay, Education Level, Number of Jobs Projected, Growth Rate and Opportunities for On the Job Training. How fantastic to get all of this data at your fingertips!
Find your job description and mine for nouns to add to your list.
Best wishes with your career research and job search!
© 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Sharon Cohen, MA,CPRP. Business Career Coach & Social Media Strategist. Virtual Career Coaching: helping business professionals, reach their career potential!
• Sharon B. Cohen on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/sharonbcohen/
• My Career Manager on Twitter http://twitter.com/MyCareerManager
• Complete Archive of articles on My Career Manager http://www.mycareermanager.com/